Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting Ready for Spring

Spring is right around the corner. I can see signs of it all around me. The biggest is that all of our orchids are blooming. That is probably the only thing I like about the cold snaps that we get here in SW Florida. Once we get a nice cold snap and then it warms back up all the orchids begin to bloom. They bloom at other times of the year but then they take turns. But now all of them are in one stage or another of blooming. So we will have beautiful blooms to look at for several more weeks.

Another sure sign that Spring is approaching is I have been able to wear shorts and a tee shirt all day long. And the flannel pajamas are washed and in the back of the pj drawer. So I am a very happy camper. I am not a winter person. I must say that it has warmed up very quickly though. It seems like I was just complaining about how cold it was and not I have the ceiling fans on and have seriously contemplated putting the air conditioning on.

So to get everyone in the mood for Spring I am going to post my new jewelry that I made with spring in mind. I am going to try and post using the spotlight that I created on By Hand. I am really having a good time on that site. I love to window shop and see what everyone has posted. And when you window shop it just shows you random items so you never know what is going to pop up. And sometimes you even see some of your own stuff. So that is one good reason to make spotlights. Hopefully others are seeing your stuff too. And another good thing about spotlights is they are an easy way to share several items at one time with someone. You can post them on your blog, on facebook, on found handmade and actually anywhere you can paste in an html code.

So here is my newest creations just for Spring. And start making your spotlights today and share them with everyone you know. I also make some with items from different artisans on ArtFire to show off a variety of items too. It's fun. And if you click on items in a spotlight it will take you to rapid cart so you can see details and even purchase it if you like. What more could you ask for.


No comments:

Post a Comment