Thursday, June 4, 2009

Studio On The Hill

Studio On The Hill is this week's featured ArtFire Studio for the ArtFire Jewelry Artists and Supply Shops Guild. Studio On The Hill features both jewelry and supplies. I have featured two of my favorites in this posting. Here is the artisan's bio from her studio:

Hi, I'm Karen from Artisan Jewelry. I am both a jewelry artisan and instructor. I have taught both private and group classes for many years now. Currently, I am teaching classes at Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Michigan. My latest passion is working with metal and wire which is reflected in many of my designs. I can usually be found in my studio with a torch in one hand and a piece of glowing metal on the soldering brick. I love to work with copper and silver. My favorite beads are Swarovski crystals and lampwork glass.

Since I really like all things that remind me of the beach, I especially like these starfish earrings. They remind me of many happy afternoons walking the beaches in Sanibel and looking for shells. I have found several starfish but they have all been alive so they remained right where I found them. Which is a good thing I guess.

Check out Karen's jewelry. She has some really nice designs. And if you need supplies you can find them there too.

1 comment: