Sunday, June 28, 2009

Royal Designs


Royal Designs is this week's featured artist in the ArtFire Jewelry Artists and Supply Shops Guild.
Here is the artisan's bio:
Beading is a time consuming, thought provoking and occasionally frustrating process which I totally love. I'll work a piece until the pattern "feels" just perfect. There are times I give up when I can't find the rhythm but more often everything goes together as it is meant to. I only offer what I would love to wear! As a teenager I designed and made necklaces for a local store. I've come a long way from those little plastic beads! My pieces consist of semi-precious stones, Swarovski and Czech crystals, Swarovski pearls, freshwater pearls, sterling silver, gold vermeil and more. Rarely do I use a base metal. I'm proud to inform you of the materials used in each piece. As a mom of two college kids and 4 fur babies time is precious. I work a full time job to pay those tuition bills but beading is my work of choice. I learned so much about color and patterns as an art major in college and hope that you recognize the time, effort and love I put into each piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment