Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Have Online Business Will Travel


One of the things that Jim and I wanted to do when we retired was travel. We wanted to be able to see other parts of the world while we could still travel relatively easily and not have to use a walker to get around. So we are getting ready to start another summer adventure. We have decided to do some of the things we can do and take Beau with us. He really does not do well in a kennel or even if we leave him with someone. Since Maddie's passing he has really become attached to me. And of course we are around all the time now so that contributed to it I am sure.

One of the things I love about selling my jewelry in an online format is that you can do it from anywhere. When we travel I just pack all my jewelry, beads, tools, packing supplies, and my laptop and the store goes where I go. I am totally and hopelessly addicted to the Internet so I would be on the computer regardless. When I go online to check email and the news, I also check the store. It is really a good situation for us. And when I have sales, and I hope I have sales as they have been slow, then I can mail them out from where ever I may wander.

So that is the plan for this summer. We are traveling all over the United States visiting family, attending important family events and just seeing this country we live in. The last 3 months of our trip (yes I said 3 months, we will be gone until September) will be Jim riding his bicycle with 4 other men from Oregon to Maine. And Beau and I will be following them in the van providing support, seeing the country and making new jewelry. He has a web page to document that trip and you can follow it at http://gramps5.blogspot.com if you are interested. Of course I will be providing up dates here as well. You know I can't keep my mouth shut for that long.

Lastly, you may have noticed that my blog advatar has changed. That is my new summer travel one. I will find another one for Fall. I love to change "my look" and this affords me the opportunity to do it very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment